Objective of the workshop: The overall goal for the webinar is that the participants will be equipped to motivate the community members to practice proper WASH behaviours. The webinar deals with the following topics:
1. Transmission routes of water borne diseases
2. How to prevent water borne diseases?
3. Explain the different components of WASH for healthy homes
4. Discuss a tool to monitor healthy home for a single family as well for multiple families
This concept is very useful to educate the rural households on WASH topics and particularly it is relevant in the low-income settings.
Participants: May be individuals or groups who are:
• WASH or health promoters/ hygiene educators who educate the community members about water, sanitation and hygiene, particularly handwashing.
• WASH Technicians who interact with households
• Project managers/ officers who will train, manage and monitor community WASH promoters/hygiene educators
Preferably, two to five people from each organization would attend to ensure that they learn together and benefit most from the workshop.